Issa Rae and her company ColorCreative TV have joined forces with Project Greenlight Digital Studios to hold a contest titled The New Normal for under-represented, minority writers.

To enter this contest, writers must submit a pitch for an anthology series, and winners will receive the opportunity to produce a digital series with an experienced production team. The competition begins today (February 9th), and will run for 10 weeks. Three winners will be selected.

ColorCreative TV is a platform that showcases the work of minority writers.  Through this company, Rae aims to help highlight stories that expand the narratives around the black community, while increasing opportunities for women and minority TV writers to showcase and sell their work, both inside and outside the existing studio system.

Rae has been dedicated to increasing the visibility of minorities in entertainment for quite some time.  In 2014, Rae and her team at ColorCreative TV introduced three new half-hour television pilots by underrepresented talent into the TV landscape by giving them the opportunity to showcase their work on her site:  The three pilots, ‘Bleach,’ ‘Words With Girls,’ and ‘So Jaded,’ are online now and can be found HERE.

“This could be complete bull, but I would say that 40% of my time is spent producing and working with other writers of color, and the other 60% is developing and working on my own stuff.” – Issa Rae

The deadline to apply is March 1st – Good luck!

For more information and details on this contest: Visit this link

Also, check out Issa Rae’s video below where she discusses the contest more in depth:

Comments

comments

About The Author

The HBR Media Team is a collective group of black women filmmakers, writers, and studio/network executives who are passionate about bringing visibility to women of African descent working in film and television.

Related Posts